• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VMWare Windows & Android Running on same machine at same time

justjimjpc

Premium Member
Nov 3, 2008
Washington DC, USA
VMware has demonstrated Windows CE and Google's Android running side by side on a single mobile device (left). The underlying "Mobile Virtualization Platform (MVP)" technology, which includes a "hypervisor" only about 20KB in size, is now complete and being evaluated by handset manufacturers, VMware says.

(Click here for a larger view of VMware's Mobile Virtualization Platform)

The demonstration of MVP took place earlier this morning at VMWare's VMworld Europe 2009 technology conference, at the end of a keynote delivered by Stephen Herrod, the company's chief technology officer. The technology will allow customers to run two operating systems on one phone simultaneously, or simply move their phone's contacts, apps, and other data from handset to handset more easily, Herrod told his audience.

MORE >>>...

Here is a link to a vid .... look at like 65 min to 68 min out of the 71 min presentation
http://www.vmworld.com/community/conferences/europe2009/agenda/keynotes/2

Sorry wasn't able to find a non flash video of the presentation ...

I'd rather see VMWare on an N800/N810, running Maemo and Android simultaneously.

And, more than that, I'd rather see an N97 doing it. That would be quite cool.

(as long as I'm dreaming... an N97 scaled up to N810 screen size, 5 row keyboard, dpad and android's 5 buttons on the face, dual SIM slots, quadband GSM, able to do both AT&T and T-Mobile 3G, long battery life, and running Maemo and Android)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones