• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VOB Files & Handbrake Settings???

ItalianHunk

Aug 9, 2010
Riverside, CA
Hope someone can help me with this. The more I searched, the more I got confused. I've uploaded DVD movies to my laptop and a VIDEO_TS folder appears with a lot of vob files in it. There's 4 or 5 large vob files. Some people say to convert those files using Handbrake and others say the android players like MX Player (which I am using) will play anything and you don't have to convert movies. If that's the case, how can I put the vob files on my phone? That will be around 4gb!! So do I need to convert these files?

If I do need to convert the files, what settings in Handbrake do I use? I used the Android preset and the quality didn't look that great. I tried high profile preset and 1.1gb which is too much.

What settings are people using????

Thanks

Try MP4 / MKV / AVI.... I'm not sure of the settings with hand break, however those are much smaller formats but you should be clear around 600 - 900 Mb to keep things under a gig!

When I tried Handbrake, the file was converted to MP4 but the file was 1.1gb.

I've tried several times and the quality was either too low or the file was too large. I'm trying Catalyst now. Hoping that will work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones