• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Vodafone 500Mb data cap

I think that I'm going to forget the magic and go with the G1.

The Magic is far superior to the G1. As someone who has owned both the G1 on T-Mobile and now the Magic on Vodafone, I think you'd be a little disappointed if you opt for the G1.

The Vodafone data limit isn't set in stone. If you stray over the 500Mb mark they won't do anything at all. If you use say 1Gb in a month they will contact you and ask you to throttle your usage.

If you genuinely think you're going to be using ~1Gb month, then maybe the Vodafone contract isn't for you. Obviously it's up to you, but imho, the Magic is a way better handset.

Upvote 0
I was worried about the 500MB limit for my first month, but I installed NetCounter from the Market and discovered most days of the month I rarely go over 6MB, and 500MB works out on average about 16MB a day, so I could actually use it a fair bit more than I do.

(I use Latitude/maps, Twitdroid, the Market, Gtalk, MSN (Meebo), some Facebook (Bloo) and a little bit of web browsing most days).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones