1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Vodafone 858 (Huawei U8160) update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bomshika, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Bomshika

Bomshika New Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Hello all,
    I'm new to this forum, decided to join as Vodafone are useless in assisting with anything. I bought the vdafone smart 858 awhile ago... A good starter smartphone. Awhile ago, it told me that there was an update for it so ofcurse i went to install it... It downlads properly as far as i can see and then tells me if i want to install now or later, The phone will have to restart itself to install the update... So i click ok, the phone never restarts itself, I have clicked both options and nothing, i even tried turning it off and on to see if that will work, it didn't ofcourse
    Can anyone help me? As i said Vodafone are useless and told me to check the manual... The phone didn't come with a manual only a pamphlet thing and that has no info on it
    Thanks bom

Advertisement

2. gtrgy

gtrgy New Member

May 21, 2012
    electrician
    sydney,australia
    i also want to upgrade the android os, waiting to see if anyone has a way that works

3. johnandroid123

johnandroid123 Active Member

Aug 31, 2012
    Male
    Drifter
    Roamnia
    I installed CyanogenMod 7 (Android v2.3.7) without any problem,to do this you must have a root phone, ROM Manager installed in phone and must install clockworkmod

Tags: