1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support vodafone and gingerbread help please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by breakers141, Apr 14, 2011.

1. breakers141

breakers141 Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2011
    i am a vodafone uk user running 2.2.1 build number :FRG83D. vodafone havent released gingerbread cause they need to test it before release. as a result me and tons of vodafone nexus 1 users are pissed.
    does any1 here know how to get rid of the vodafone firmware on your nexus one and be pure google so u can receive google OTA updates as they come out?

like i said running 2.2.1 build number :FRG83D so instructions on how to do it for this build would be really helpful. thanks!

oh and simple instructions would be helpful here guys. all the ways i have tried to do it apply to FRG83G.

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    Root your phone with SuperOneClick, install ROM Manager from the Market and use it to flash ClockworkMod recovery.

Download this file, and put it on your SD card: http://android.clients.google.com/p...b119f8.signed-passion-ota-102588.656099b1.zip

Use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery, wipe the phone, then install the above file. If it bitches about signature verification, disable it and try again (I forget if checks are on or off by default).

Tags: