• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help vodafone and gingerbread help please!

breakers141

Lurker
Apr 14, 2011
i am a vodafone uk user running 2.2.1 build number :FRG83D. vodafone havent released gingerbread cause they need to test it before release. as a result me and tons of vodafone nexus 1 users are pissed.
does any1 here know how to get rid of the vodafone firmware on your nexus one and be pure google so u can receive google OTA updates as they come out?

like i said running 2.2.1 build number :FRG83D so instructions on how to do it for this build would be really helpful. thanks!

oh and simple instructions would be helpful here guys. all the ways i have tried to do it apply to FRG83G.

Root your phone with SuperOneClick, install ROM Manager from the Market and use it to flash ClockworkMod recovery.

Download this file, and put it on your SD card: http://android.clients.google.com/p...b119f8.signed-passion-ota-102588.656099b1.zip

Use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery, wipe the phone, then install the above file. If it bitches about signature verification, disable it and try again (I forget if checks are on or off by default).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones