1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vodafone branding?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EmperorKabir, May 23, 2011.

1. EmperorKabir

EmperorKabir Well-Known Member

Just signed up to vodafone for the Sensation. Is there vodafone crapware on there? And I noticed I had the option to buy a sat nav pack... is this additional or is it implying that google maps and google navigation is disabled by voda?

im thinking of maybe cancelling and getting an offline phone if so...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stonelaughter

stonelaughter Lurker

It has vodacrapware on it... but it's not too intrusive.

You are given the option of using something called "Locations" which includes in-app purchases to enable GPS SatNav... but Google Navigation and Google Maps is alive and well so you don't need it. Can't imagine ANYONE is going to buy "Locations" when Google is proven and free.

3. EmperorKabir

Hmmm.... how much space does the crapware take up? Does it intrude on the app space?

4. stonelaughter

stonelaughter Lurker

Not a clue... because (a) I'm new to Android, (b) This OS has never seen the light of day on an HTC before, and (c) I don't know which bits are vodacrap and which are Googlecrap :)

5. EmperorKabir

well how much do you have free? (i'm guessing you are speaking as a voda sensation owner)

6. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

It doesn't matter what space it takes up as it's on the /system partition which doesn't count to your internal storage. Other than it being there it doesn't actually matter - you still get your 1GB internal memory

What annoys me more is the Vodafone boot animation

7. stonelaughter

stonelaughter Lurker

Yeah - wot 'e said ^

;-)

8. EmperorKabir

what's so bad about the boot? I mean this is the sorta phone you keep on most of the time anyway. Is it ugly or extra slow to boot?

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews