1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Vodafone release Pinch and zoom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevmars, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kevmars

kevmars Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Just to let you all know that Vodafone have now release new pinch and zoom update. Just updating now so will let you know soon any other issues

Advertisement

2. kevmars

None

Nov 16, 2010
    Keyborad has changed (dont know wether i like it or not)
    you have two new apps on your menu NeoReader and postcard
    the support section has changed (dont know if all networks are like this but this is on vodafone)
    just waiting to see how long the battery lasts as i have heard that it doesnt last as long as before the pinch and zoom
    question is will sony ever gives us full mulititouch for the x10????

3. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member
    None

May 2, 2010
    London, UK
    I noticed my keyboard had changed after my T-mobile update and think I prefer it to how it was before. It seems 'cleaner' in appearance and also seems to respond better.

4. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    u serious? can i just update from my phone, without connecting to my laptop? and also i dont need to backup my apps, contacts, messages, etc right?

5. MJ_QaT

MJ_QaT Newbie
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Student
    London
    they can't as the hardware won't support it, same hardware as Nexus 1, just two-fingers input with limited features

6. kevmars

None

Nov 16, 2010
    I backedup just in case but iwas using SEUS and it said that it would just download and install the update so didnt really have to backup. and yes you will have to conenct it to your laptop

Mediascape has also changed but one thing i did notice was that when i had done the update it gave me the UEAF.com app so i uninstalled it (settings etc) but i had to turn my fone off as it went on a spazzo but when i turned it back on it was there again. WTF? i thought when you had uninstalled something it didnt come back?

Keyboard starting to grow on me now. will keep updating changes as and when i find them

7. disambiguation

None

Jul 22, 2010
    Just updated, and had to do it via SEUS.

Took a fair few minutes to reboot. But now:

Firmware version 2.1-update1
    Baseband version 2.1.54
    Kernel version 2.6.29 SEMCuser@SEMCHost#1
    Build number 2.1.A.0.435

And congiuration texts sent to me for Internet and MMS.

First thing I tried out: mediascape to check my photos and try out pinch to zoom. Did it work. Nope. Photo scrolling still crap responsiveness and functionality. Yep.

Second thing. Check out maps - thats got to have pinch to zoom, right? Phew, it does! But it's still no where near as smooth and consistent as my iPod touch. :(

Angry birds! Yep it works; again, no where near as well as my touch though. :(

Back to Mediascape - surely there is pinch to zoom, or something, somehow?? By chance I long-pressed, and got a zoomy thing. It's a bit poor really, and may well have been there before for all I know. No dual touch to rotate and zoom as I like.

Is there a new app for this? Or is this all we're gonna get? :(

8. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The pinch to zoom works within the Android Gallery not Mediascape, get the shortcut .apk from the Market called surprisingly Gallery Shortcut by miyavi.

9. disambiguation

None

Jul 22, 2010
    Thanks rosered!

But ARRRRGGGHHH! ready to go off to the Market to get gallery shortcut, so i do the ususal: Settings

10. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    Doesn't solve your 3g issue... not sure why that has happened but you can get the .apk from here plus one for the music player

[APP] Gallery and Music Launcher for Android 2.1 - xda-developers

It might be worth running a repair on your phone but that will wipe it entirely so make sure you make the appropriate backups of contacts/sms etc.

11. disambiguation

None

Jul 22, 2010
    I had to fiddle about with the APN settings. (Cheers to vodafone for sending me a configuration message that knackers them up!)

Got gallery now. Quite a nice looking app on first look. The dual touch functionality is however a very limited "pinch to zoom" though. You pinch anywhere on the screen and it just zooms in on the centre of the screen. There is no pinch to zoom on certain part of the pic, and you can't control it and rotate it, etc. etc. Do you know if there are any apps for that?

Thanking you muchly. :)

12. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    just got the update, works perfectly... who needs mediascape when you have the 3D gallery (dualtouch works in the gallery)... an easier way to get the gallery is if u have launcherpro, just long press home screen, click shortcuts, activities and choose the first option under the gallery tab (com.cooliris.media.Gallery), done!

also, my swype isnt working after the update, will it work if i reinstall it?

13. dooleys

dooleys Lurker
    None

May 23, 2010
    my swype stopped working too. If you still have the swype installer on your phone you need to uninstall swype then reinstall using the installer and it works again.....:)

x10iii likes this.