Help Vodafone UK-Galaxy S2, ICS update on Kies, issue

Hi there,

I have a new, standard Samsung Galaxy S2 on GB and I have read that there is now an Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update available now after some delay. I have used Kies to search new firmware and it doesn't seem to have found anything new. My latest firmware is PDA:KI4 / PHONE:KI1 / CSC:KH2 and that hasn't changed for a while.

I am new to Kies, so am I missing anything really obvious. Has anyone had any problems updating to ICS? I am wanting to keep everything official.

Thanks for your help everyone.

FlyingPigL

Hi there. This may not be the correct forum for you as this one deals with AT&T's version of the phone. My experience with AT&T so far is that you don't use Kies for operating system updates. Instead, they are pushed to you by AT&T. And we're waiting... Waiting....

If you're wanting to discuss updates with a rooted phone - I don't really know, but from what I've read of rooted phones and their users, there seems to be a general disgust with Kies, so I doubt that it's the application of choice for updates.

Sorry not helpful, but you may want to check to see if there's a forum for your specific carrier and model.

Good luck,
L.