1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vodaphone 854 sat nav

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SI80, Sep 4, 2011.

1. SI80

SI80 Lurker

Hi all i have a probs but i dont want to sound thick lol .I have just got my hands on the voda 845 and i want to use it as a sat nav so where do i get the soft ware from and also how do i use it for free as it has gps but no soft ware on the phone any help would be great.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. NX3

NX3 Member

Get your phone online, go to market and update your apps. You should have google maps, update that and then use the navigate option.

3. SI80

SI80 Lurker

Thanks for that i will try this but will i have to pay for this.?
    As i have tried to use it with the gps on and it just keeps saying searching for directions but thats as far as it goes.?

Do you always have to have the internet on the phone if s then its not free.?

4. To install the proper software you need to be connected to the internet. Either by mobile phone line (3G, EDGE, etc.), or WiFi. WiFi is cheapest and won't count against your mobile data plan (limits).
    Once you have the proper software downloaded, installed, and running properly you won't need a connection to the internet to run a pure GPS app. You'll get lots of figures: coordinates, speeds, angles, number of satellites, relative position, etc. etc.

As soon as you want to use it integrated in apps that show you where your buds or the nearest ATMs are, etc., you need a connection to the internet.

Oh, and WTF is a "Voda 845"? Can you post an image or a link?

5. NX3

NX3 Member

You don't have to pay for the softare, its free from google.

Voda 845 is a low end phone by Vodaphone UK, ARMv6 cpu, often on PAYG or free on contract.

Chuck O. Jones likes this.
  6. Cheers, NX.

7. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

What kind of navigation should the nav app do?
    Car navigation like TomTom?
    Show following a route on a hiking trail?

Harry