• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice application issues

Meggy

Lurker
Jan 20, 2011
Hi everyone.
First of all, if this has been posted before, i'm terribly sorry. i looked through as many threads as i could but i could not find anything.

I'm the owner of a Sony ericsson Xperia X8.
i was a happy owner too until recently. My phone was working just fine on an Android 2.1 system. One of my most important applications to communicate is skype.

Recently i connected my phone to my computer and it gave me a pop-up for an update. Stupid as i was, i was too lazy to back-up my data and updated the phone. Ofcourse everything was gone, which is normal and my own fault.

The issue: When i started customising my phone to my needs once more, everything was downloading perfectly fine from the market (im using a simple connection via an abonnement, no wifi). But i notice Skype always fails to download! it just simply starts downloading and then says "Download starting"..."Download failed". all other apps download just fine for me.

I gave up on skype after a while and tried to install a different voice app (fring seemed good). The exact same issue!

I have no idea what's wrong and if anyone could help me out you would be a lifesaver.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones