1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "VOICE" box appeared on the Contacts page

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Montalvo, May 31, 2011.

1. Montalvo

Montalvo Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    I had been fiddling around with Google Voice but switched back to T-Mobile's voice mail after finding the transcription over-rated. The next day, I clicked on Contacts to pull up the TM VM # and, after typing in "Voice" in the search window, suddenly the page switched back to the Contacts page and a semi-transparent grey box with "Voice" printed in white appeared toward the bottom of the screen. It doesn't go away...been there ever since. I couldn't find anything explaining what it means or how it got there or what, if anything, it does. It's not touch-activated...touching the box simply opens the contact name underneath the box. And there's no indication that it's prepared to allow me to say a contact name to bring up that contact's file.

What the heck is THAT all about???

Advertisement

2. Montalvo

Montalvo Newbie
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Actually, even though I had uninstalled Google Voice, my calls were still being directed to the Google Voice mailbox, apparently because T-Mobile had deactivated my TM VM box. I guess the "VOICE" box was the system's way of notifying that missed calls were being directed to Google Voice. In any case, TM corrected it on their end and the problem's now fixed.