• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice Call - battery use and temperature issues

Jul 24, 2010
So I'm on my #3 Captivate now.. and I need to get some other people's experience on these items.

First off, my #1 Captivate would get hot while on voicecall (lets say 15min), the #2 phone would NOT get hot even after a 30min call. The #2 phone also had the longest lasting battery of the 3 as well. But the phone could not see ANY satellites so back it went..

#3 phone - I'm not having the best experience with - I downloaded the BatStat widget to monitor temp and battery percentage.. So I dialed my wife's phone with the battery at 35%, and temp at 36 degrees-

8 minutes in - 40 degrees and 30%
11 minutes in - 42 degrees and 28%
14 minutes in - 44 degrees and 26% (getting uncomfortably hot on my ear at this point)
22 minutes in - 42 degrees and 24% (I put the phone on the table and the temp has dropped 2 degrees in 5 minutes. Is this an issue with the proximity sensor??)
Ended call at 11:54PM - in (1) minute, phone is down from 42 to 38 degrees

So since I've had the issue with the temperature before, I know it should not be happening - Does anyone know what causes the temp to go up so high?

Am I in the same boat as others with these two issues combined? I will most likely return the phone again tomorrow...

i once had an hour long call on speaker. I do not remember feeling any bad temp increase. Maybe it is related to your hand. From what you described about the 3 phones, all of them could have been normal, and the differences were a result of different things you installed or did with the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones