1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Voice Command plays incorrect playlist

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by nikki.valens, Mar 31, 2011.

1. nikki.valens

nikki.valens Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    So I've been toying with Voice Command lately because I'm setting up a dock in my car and I don't like holding my phone or anything while driving. I was happy to see it was good at recognizing my playlists and would open them without error and worked fine.

But I was playing with it today and it's not working correctly. If I say:

Play <playlist>

It recognizes it and confirms the playlist I said, but then plays one of the other playlists on the phone. I tested it a bit and found out it always plays the same wrong playlist so I can trick it into playing the one I really want by saying the name of the one that points to it, but that's kinda gimp.

I've tried rebooting multiple times and clearing the cache/data for both the Music app and Voice Command app, but the problem persists. The only thing that changed is installing a Japanese keyboard and another voice command app that I was playing with. I uninstalled the other voice command just on the off chance that had an effect, but it didn't help (wasn't expecting it to).

Any ideas how to fix this? Or what even happened?

Advertisement

2. nikki.valens

nikki.valens Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Bump. I still haven't found a solution to this. It's still acting the same (incorrect) way. No one has any idea?