• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice Commands - Alarms

jgawera

Sep 11, 2010
Does anyone know how to use voice commands to activate a named alarm?
If I say "set alarm for 7:30" it will set an alarm for 7:30 - great.

If I already have an alarm defined for 7:30 called "work", I can't find the right phrase to use to get it to activate that alarm.

Any ideas?
Is this even possible.

Thanks
J

Looks like "set a timer for 10 minutes" just creates an alarm called "timer" so it's another way of what I was trying to do originally.
You can substitute "timer" for any word and it'll create an alarm with that name. Alarms only have minute resolution.

I don't think stock android has a countdown timer (the nexus 7 is my first non HTC android device)
On HTC there was a separate page in the clock/alarms app to set countdown timers which you could set the seconds on.
It also hasa handy stopwatch, and world clock.

Upvote 0
Looks like "set a timer for 10 minutes" just creates an alarm called "timer" so it's another way of what I was trying to do originally.
You can substitute "timer" for any word and it'll create an alarm with that name. Alarms only have minute resolution.

I don't think stock android has a countdown timer (the nexus 7 is my first non HTC android device)
On HTC there was a separate page in the clock/alarms app to set countdown timers which you could set the seconds on.
It also hasa handy stopwatch, and world clock.

that's one thing I like about iOS. there's a built-in timer app, and if you tell siri to set a timer for 10 minutes, it begins a countdown from 10 minutes. unlike android where it's ambiguous as to whether it's actually 10 min, or if it's an alarm where it's roughly 10 min.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones