1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Voice Commands leave behind an open window?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SampsonNation, Apr 23, 2016.

1. SampsonNation

SampsonNation Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2012
    Hey all, I'm new to owning an Android. I recently bought an S5 G900F that has CM12 on it.

I'm noticing that every single time I give my phone a voice command, it leaves behind an open window. This is very annoying. If I ask my phone to turn off bluetooth or adjust the brightness, it'll do it via command, but then it for some reason leaves behind the window that actually controls it. This also happens for each individual search I do via voice command. Each search I make is it's own Google window. This is even especially annoying when you want to send quick messages via SMS to friends. It opens an individual Google window for each text I've sent.

Is this normal?

I attached a screen shot to show it. The 3 windows you see are me telling Google to text a friend some text, asking for the weather, and turning off Bluetooth.

I'm not used to this coming from an IOS platform. You'd basically cue the mic and ask your question and when your request is finished, there were no breadcrumbs of what you requested, UNLESS it was an intended search result from your web browser, but that search would be directly in the browser you use. My Android is creating a lot of unnecessary clutter.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. electricpete

electricpete Android Expert

Jan 7, 2012
    Male
    Electrical Engineer
    These windows are cached processes that you see when you press recents button. They don't hurt anything...they are only kept (cached) in low priority memory to speed up loading if you need them again. If another higher priority process needs that memory, the low priority ones will be killed. In general (*), There is no need for you to close them or worry about them.

* If you had an old phone where memory is really a problem (probably not the case for your s5)..check whether there is a service associated with theses processes. If no service, then you can rest assured they are low priority will not adversely impact your use if the use of your phone in any way except possibly very rare rogue apps.

#2 electricpete, Apr 23, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    Mikestony likes this.
  3. SampsonNation

SampsonNation Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2012
    I understand what it's showing, but say I wanna open up my recent apps and go to say Spotify. I have to scroll through ALL the previous voice commands I did prior. Does anyone find that annoying? Am I operating the phone in the wrong way?

Is there another way to show the apps that are currently open without showing all those cached pages?

Another thing I'm noticing is that I'm not running a lot of background apps, but I seem to be needing to clean out my ram kind of frequently. I usually save anywhere between 250mb to 500mb.

#3 SampsonNation, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016