• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

voice commands.

admob

Aug 6, 2010
hi, can anyone give me the simple solution to voice commands, i can do the 'call name' option from the search button, but how do i do voice text's, because i have no mic icon on my keyboard. I am running a desire on 2.1, any advice welcomed..

cheers

Can't answer that for ya, as I am learning too. New here and will catch on soon.
Anybody ever have this voice related problem:
Bluetooth voice command to call "mom at home".
My Smart Droid Incredible, thought I said "Call Bad Boys Bail bonds on mobile" (called 3 years ago for a friend!!!). By the time I hang up, it logs there and I get a call back! It is annoying and kind of funny, sometimes.
I want to go through my contact favorites and only allow them to be voice dialed.
Any discoveries on that?
Can't wait to learn this tool.
I will try to stop back later tonight.

Upvote 0
Ah...was just taught today on my (original) Droid -- as I was shopping for my next phone. My microphone doesn't show up until the on screen keyboard pops up, and there is a tiny microphone there...I push that, and I can speak my texts. Figures...I'm upgrading my phone in the next week...NOW I learn of this cool option!

Upvote 0
hi, can anyone give me the simple solution to voice commands, i can do the 'call name' option from the search button, but how do i do voice text's, because i have no mic icon on my keyboard. I am running a desire on 2.1, any advice welcomed..

cheers

It all depends on what voice reco app you are using. When you activate the voice reco app, there should be some type of "help" option that gives you a list of what you can possibly say. There are different voice apps from Google Voice, Cyberon Voice (on my HTC Desire Z), VLingo and others. Each have similar commands, but also have some differences. Some can also configure which commands launch which apps.

Without knowing exactly which voice reco app you are using, this is all the help I can offer you at this time.

-----

You could also try saying, "help" or "what can I say?"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones