1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Voice dialer app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by doctorbossman, Mar 19, 2011.

1. doctorbossman

doctorbossman New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I seemed to have lost my google "voice dialer" app and i cant find it in the market. Now I only have google's "voice search" and it doesn't perform nearly as well as a dialer. When I want to dial a number in my contact list by voice, I get a list of options that includes web search findings. (changing the voice search settings doesn't seem to help). Using the dialer app I almost always got the person I wad looking for.

Does anyone know if the app is still available? And where I might find it.

Advertisement

2. TravisZ

TravisZ Active Member

Sep 18, 2010
    did you try searching the market for "google voice"?

3. doctorbossman

doctorbossman New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I do have google voice installed and use it for voicemail and texts, but
    I'm looking for the dialer app and widget to dial by voice.

4. xjestersdeadx

xjestersdeadx Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
  5. WayneTho

WayneTho New Member

Aug 20, 2012
    I just found an app that will do among other things, install or restore Google's "VoiceDialer" if it was removed from the OS by your phone's manufacturer.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S-II for T-Mobile (SGH-T989) and it came with an OEM version of Vlingo which has issues and stopped working properly. I was in search for a decent replacement. I wasn't needing anything "Siri-like", just simple voice dialing. I installed Vlingo, Voice Command Tester, and several other apps but nothing seemed to work the way I expected it to. I even installed a downloaded copy of "VoiceDialer.apk" which caused my phone to freeze each time I activated it.

Then came Nitrality. This requires ROOT, so don't bother unless you have rooted your phone. It has a list of applications that can be turned on or off. One of the apps is "Voice Dialer". I checked that app and let it restore it and now Voice Dialer works. I have now uninstalled all the junk I previously had installed in my search, and even DISABLED the built-in "Voice Command" (Vlingo).