1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Voice dialer issues, are there settings somewhere?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AZDroid, Jan 7, 2010.

1. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    I have been having major issues with the voice dialer. If I say call mom or call dad, works great, call Gram and Rafael, works perfect....but if I say call Margaret it only lists one contact but I have two Margarets in my contact list. Even if I say call Margaret "Lastname" it brings up only the other Margaret.

I try to use it to call my son Alex and it brings up Alison or Alltel even if I use his last name. If I change it in contacts to Alexander then it translates it as Open Ultrachron or something else ridiculous. I tried shortening it to Al, still brings up Alison and Alltel but not my son. Then I tried changing it to Buddy or The Kid, I can't find any configuration that the voice dial will call him.

Using voice dial for things like opening the apps works great, but actually voice dialing my contacts is a nightmare unless I have the number memorized, it does recognize spoken numbers very well.

Are there some settings somewhere that I am missing, ones that allow or block voice dial from access to certain contacts, or something that lets you customize it somehow to work better? Or is there a 3rd party app that will work better?

Advertisement

2. AZDroid

AZDroid Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Ok, guess it's a hopeless issue. :-/