1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Voice Dialer Sucks

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by steelersmb, Aug 9, 2010.

1. steelersmb

steelersmb Android Enthusiast

Does anyone use the voice dialer and does it work for you? I can't get it to recognize anything. It's flat out terrible.

2. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

Use it all the time for voice dial plus everything else you can do with voice commands. Haven't had any problems with it.

3. RickJ

RickJ Android Enthusiast

I find it works well, both in BT and via long press on the search key. Just in case you are not aware, say dial ... mobile etc, instead of call.

4. edlex

edlex Android Expert

Surprisingly impressed with the bluetooth so far. The only thing I have to complain about is the creepy electronic voice.

5. steelersmb

Strange, mine can't get anything right. I say dial and then a number and it doesn't enter the right number. I don't have an accent or anything and it just sucks! I say call "and then a name" and it says "open table". How could it work on one phone and be so off on another?

6. steelersmb

I'm not talking about Voice Search, I'm talking about the voice dialer app. The voice dialer app isn't available by long pressing on the search key.

7. GaryColeman

GaryColeman Well-Known Member

Sounds good

8. Liebertron

Liebertron Member

My experiences have been HORRIBLE with 2.1. However, 2.2 has made the voice dialer WAY WAY WAY better. Works very well now.

9. steelersmb

It doesn't make sense how some people say it works great and others it doesn't work at all. I tried it last night on my wife's phone and it sucks on hers as well.

10. spyder40

spyder40 Well-Known Member

+1 on it doesn't work for me. 2.1 never did and neither does 2.2. Comes up with all kinds of wacky things. Is there some 'training' app like other phones have?

11. Crodley

Crodley Android Enthusiast

Also doesn't work for me (on 2.2), I say "Call Linda" and it opens apps. /shrug

12. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

If you're having problems with the voice dialer app, just dont use it. The google voice search (long press search key) does that and more, and it works fine.

13. steelersmb

But it doesn't work over your bluetooth when you press the voice dial command on your headset.

14. farrellcollie

farrellcollie Member

I am now using an app called vlingo voice from the app market. It works better for me than edwin which worked better for me than the original.

15. Slick1020

Slick1020 Android Enthusiast

Download Vlingo. They just made the app free to show you the difference between it and Voice Search or Voice Dialer.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews