• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The native voice dial on the Droid works in some situations (for me) but not often enough to rely on and certainly not well enough while driving. At best it brings up a list and I can't be trying to read the list and select the right number/person.

The app I mentioned is a simple process that just plain works every time. I press the icon and tell it who to call, it confirms the name and waits for me to say yes or no then dials or announces the next choice on the list. It sends the call to BT if I'm in the car. No fumbling. No reading. No multiple presses. Simple. Works. Should be stock on the phone but it's not.

I don't know what the Verizon rep was telling you, maybe they meant BT voice dial but that, as far as I know, is not anywhere near being fixed/added.

Upvote 0
I have found the stock voice dialer to be junk. of maybe 20 times, it has been right 1 time. I never use it because of this. that list, is what I get 99% of the time is (1) a waste of the voice dialing effort and (2) not contain the name I spoke!

When I use my Ford Sync in my car, it gets voice dial 100% correct. The Droid voice dial just blows.

Upvote 0
Well, that would have to be the biggest false advertising I've ever seen. My BB voice dialer always worked, even with BT. I make a lot of my return calls when I'm en route. They're forcing me to look at the phone in a school zone! Will that work when I get that ticket? "your honor its Motorola's fault." When I was in V buying the phone and tried the dialer and it didnt work the tech tried using hers and it didnt work either. Apparently she hadnt tried it before. When she explained to another tech he said they were working out the bugs and we'd get an update. Still waiting. . . guess I'll go get that app.

Upvote 0
YOu people are lucky you have a dialler to talk about. I live in The Netherlands and bought a UK Milestone via Expansys. I have "Voice search" installed but NOT "Voice Dialer". According to the MOto site you can voice dial with both. Because I had no Voice Dialler I tried the Voice Search ... you are supposed to be able to say "call" + mycontact name to route it to contacts search and dial .. but this does not work .. goes to browser every time. So .... anyone know how I can get hold of "Voice Dialler" ?

Upvote 0
YOu people are lucky you have a dialler to talk about. I live in The Netherlands and bought a UK Milestone via Expansys. I have "Voice search" installed but NOT "Voice Dialer". According to the MOto site you can voice dial with both. Because I had no Voice Dialler I tried the Voice Search ... you are supposed to be able to say "call" + mycontact name to route it to contacts search and dial .. but this does not work .. goes to browser every time. So .... anyone know how I can get hold of "Voice Dialler" ?

See if this link works for you: Voice Dialer HF for Android - Tools

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones