• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice dialing for Hero.

I have had my Hero for a week now, and after a few days of hell getting it to mount with stability to my pc, I am starting to love it. However, a realisation that appears to be dawning on me is the UK Hero does not support voice dialling or speech recognition of any kind. No mention of functionality in the manual, I tried Turbo List app but it force closed if I tried to use the microphone icon, long press on call just, well... calls.

Can anyone confirm if I am right and need to accept you just can't do it (I already knew bluetooth voice activation was a non starter), so I can stop trawling for a method I'll never find?

Upvote 0
I own a HTC Desire and had the same problem 'till yesterday, I found "Ultimate Voice Dialer" on the market, it allows me calling my contacts or any number while driving (I use the phone a lot when driving) just by saying any contact number or spelling a phone number. It works fine, but you need to stay connected to internet.

I hope it can solve your problem as it solved mine =)

Oh I almost forgot, it costs around 2$ but it really worth it!

Greetings!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones