1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Voice dialler that works with background noise

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by hakz, Apr 17, 2011.

1. hakz

hakz Guest
    None
    Ok, I have set up my phone using the headset button app that opens up voice control when I double tap the middle button on my headset. What I wanted to do was make calls from it, however it doesn't seem possible, either because teh background noise when walking causes the phone to constantly listen and not cut off, or it doesn't connect to the server to recognise what I am saying

Is there an app that works well with voice control over a headdset?

Advertisement

2. RazzMaTazz

RazzMaTazz Android Expert

Jan 28, 2011
    For me (on an Optimus S with a Samsung Bluetooth headset) the problem is that the built-in "Voice Dialer" app is terrible at voice recognition, regardless of whether I use the handset or my Bluetooth headset, and even if the room is perfectly quiet. On the other hand, the Google "Voice Search" app is great at voice recognition regardless of whether I use the handset or the headset, and it works well even in a noisy room. Unfortunately, if I tap a button on my Bluetooth headset to initiate voice dialing, it automatically invokes the crappy "Voice Dialer" instead of the excellent "Voice Search" app. So the only way that I can use the "Voice Search" app is to select it onscreen. So maybe the better question is this...

Is there a way to make our Bluetooth headsets invoke the excellent "Voice Search" instead of crappy "Voice Dialer"?