1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Voice Dictation and Capitalization

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vitiator, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Vitiator

Vitiator Newbie
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    In front of the computer
    I have a question about using the voice icon on the keyboard. On my old phone (Atrix 2), the resulting text using voice dictation would recognize capitalization. For example, when I start to dictate a text message, the first letter of the first word would be capitalized, and the keyboard remained present so I could press the period key, then continue dictation, in which case the first letter of the next sentence would be capitalized.

Is there a way to do that on the SG3? Any app or third party tool? (And yes, I realize that capitalization doesn

Advertisement

2. matttye

matttye Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Senior Legal Secretary
    Lincoln, England
    I'm not sure if voice dictation differs between keyboard implementations, but when I dictate using the mic icon on the Swiftkey keyboard (it uses Google voice dictation), it capitalises after full stops/periods. You can also say "period" to dictate a period rather than using the keyboard to do it.

Vitiator likes this.
  3. Vitiator

Vitiator Newbie
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    In front of the computer
    I was unsure about enabling both Google and Samsung keyboards. However, I did so and the options I was looking for did in fact show up. Works perfectly!