• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice dictation on Tab 7+

funpig

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2010
I find the voice dictation to be quite frustrating on the Tab 7+ especially when compared to my wife's new ipad.

For example if I dictate "Telephone to Dr. Smith" on the iPad, it comes out exactly like that. On the other hand, with the Android voice, I would get "telephone to doctor smith". The iPad is smart enough to automatically capitalize the first word, use the normal abbreviation and to capitalize a proper name. With the android, I have to go back and fix everything. One work around is to push the shift key before I dictate to at least capitalize the first word, but only do this with the Android keyboard voice. If you select the Samsung keyboard voice and push the shift key, you will get "Telephone To docTor smiTh"; whatever is the first letter will get capitalized throughout the whole sentence.

Anybody else experience this and have any suggestion to fix?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones