• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice keyboard for hero??

chfields

Feb 8, 2010
I have Damageless's 2.0r2 on my phone, but the wife's is stock and she doesn't want me to root. She found out about my voice keyboard and now she wants one. Is there one available for stock non rooted hero?? We would prefer a free one, but will look at paid ones as well.

TIA

I know of 2 currently available on Android Market called Better Keyboard and Talk to Me Keyboard. Unfortunately, I can't say how they work because I haven't used either of them. Both seem to have decent ratings though. Also they are paid apps but worst case scenario you could just get q refund within 24hrs if you or her don't like them. There's also another one called Vlingo that's in beta testing. I signed up at Vlingo.com to be a tester but haven't gotten much info on it except an email saying the beta release for Android is running behind. Sound like 2.1 anyone lol.

Apparently 2.1 has speech to text already integrated but I haven't researched how well it works. I was going to try the alternatives mentioned above but haven't because I am cheap and waiting on 2.1. Since the user comments on the Android Marker aren't always the best frames of reference maybe someone on here can give us some more in depth details about the apps I mentioned. All I ever see on the Market is "this app sucks...this app is the greatest" which doesn't help.

I'm tired of waiting for 2.1 so I will gladly stop being cheap if anyone has some in depth opinions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones