• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice Mail app shortcut

I have the third option for voicemail. It does have the option to set up visual voicemail and either says 'No voice mail' or lists when you have a voicemail. I have not set up VVM since I refuse to pay for yet another service.

The problem I have is that I get no indication on my homescreen when I have a voicemail, I have to specifically go to that screen and check. Is this a setting I have turned off maybe?

Not rooted, but using Launcher Pro

Upvote 0
I use Speed Dial Lite to create an icon to retrieve my cell voicemail. One push, and it dials the number, puts in the password, and gets my new messages. Of course, you have to create a new voicemail contact with the number and strings in it.

It seems to have been removed from the Market now, but I'm sure there are alternatives:

Speed Dial Lite ~ Android Application v2.4 By CRinUS | Social

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones