• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice mail notification stuck

Fremen93

Nov 10, 2008
I have a voice mail notification that won't go away. I already "clicked" on it to go to my voice mail and I deleted all my messages. Yet it remains. I have had other notifications but when I click on the "clear" button, it only clears the other things in there but still leaves the voice mail one behind.
Any clues?? I tried restarting the phone by turning it off, and its still there.
I guess I could try removing the battery next.

Removing the battery won't help, as the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI) is set by the network, and cleared with a special SMS. This is not a problem with the phone, it's just something that happens with phone on the TMO network. Easiest way to clear it is to call yourself, leave a message, call VM, clear/delete the message and you should be good to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones