• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice Mail notification with no Voicemail

ParaGuy

Lurker
Jul 22, 2011
I upgraded phones from the LG Optimus V to the HTC Evo V 4G on Virgin Mobile. My wife switched the old number over to the new phone before the voice mails were deleted on the other Optimus V phone. Now every time I turn on the phone there are voice mail notifications on the EVO V for 4 voice mails and there is no way to delete them. I found other people having a problem similar to this one and I have tried clearing the phone cache and dialer cache.

I have spoke to VM Tech support and they said that the old voice mail account was deleted when I upgraded the phone (It must have not been though) Their fix is to send me a new phone but I believe when I receive the new phone I will still have the same problem. I don't think this is a problem with the phone itself.

Can you guys offer any insight to this problem, has anyone else run into this and if you did what did you do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for help.

For the record, if someone has this problem, I did the same thing on mine, didn't delete my old VM's before swapping phones. Be nice if they told us to in the on-line phone swap instruction, wouldn't it? Anyway, in Settings, under Call, I found a clear voicemail notifications and applied that. I don't have a notification now. It may just time out and go away and I didn't think to look first. :smokingsomb:

Reactions: prrep
Upvote 0
I had this problem 4 the longest. yesterday finally switched back to my triumph then tried switching back to the evo but online wouldn't do it so when I called and told the lady to swap back to my evo she started talking to me like I was stupid and didn't no what I was doing so I hung up called again talked to a different lady turns out the lady was wrong cause she had one wrong number in the meid number...smh

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones