1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

voice memo recorder?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by relztrah, Jul 9, 2013.

1. relztrah

relztrah Member

Is there a simple app that I can use to record memos to myself? I found several to send a voice memo, but I don't want to do that. I just need something I can use quickly in the car or whenever I'm not able to write myself a note on GoTasks. Then play and delete later. The simpler the better.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Any voice recorder app can do this. Samsungs usually have one built in, but if you're using a different brand, I'd suggest Easy Voice Recorder.

3. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Try Google Keep. It syncs online even

4. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

Before I got a new phone that came with a recorder app, I used Smart Voice Recorder... small footprint and free.

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Isn't google keep more for dictation and not actual voice memos? Although using Google Keep for all his memos does solve the need, since he can just dictate to it instead of transferring voice memos for later.

6. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

It does both.

- dictation to text for text notes
    - or voice memos that have an attached recording and transcribe the recording

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Interesting. Can it be used exclusively as a voice recorder?

8. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

I don't use it exclusively for a voice recorder, but you could.

The nice thing about Google Keep is the relatively instant online syncing. As well as the ability to use it from the lockscreen (Android 4.2+) or by tapping the microphone on the search bar on the homescreen (if you still have it). Both can create an audio note.

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Hmm, I tried and it doesnt seem to be able to be used as a voice recorder. Opening the app and tapping the microphone just opens a note and Google voice recognition pop up. I was thinking maybe I could ditch my other recorder app.

10. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Strange. This is the sequence when I tap the mic in the homescreen search bar and start by saying "note".

You can clearly see an audio file attached in the note in the third and final pic.

Attached Files:

11. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It does that but the recording stops too soon. It can't say, record a 1hr long meeting or some such like the way Evernote could.

12. gtbarry

gtbarry Android Expert

Assuming Google Keep has a time limit on audio notes? I've never gone longer than 10-15 seconds I guess