1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Voice notes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BrianHart, Apr 7, 2021.

1. BrianHart

BrianHart Lurker

A51 is my first Android. In my environment, I make voice notes all day long as I drive about my business, then transfer them on my computer, where I listen to them while working there entering information into various programs: time & mileage logs, QuickBooks, Outlook, etc. It is very inefficient to have to try to transcribe directly from the phone.

How would I 1) make a one- or two-tap access to be able to record a voice note on the A51, then 2) transfer them to the computer for transcription. I freely admit my ignorance here. If there is a way to record a voice note that will automatically be transcribed and saved as a file I can transfer to my computer or emailed to myself, that will be even better.

My old Blackberry gave me a two-tap access to record a note, something I could do with barely a glance at the screen, and then the desktop software automatically connected to the BB and mapped a drive to it, so I wrote a tiny batch file to move my voice notes from BB to computer very simply. All it required was a double-click on an icon on the desktop. As obsolete as BB technology was, it provided very easy--that is few-step--ways for me to do the things my particular business requires. And as exciting as the whole graphical world of the Android/iPhone is, my business needs do not benefit from the bells & whistles; in fact that, is largely a distraction; I need the phone to be able to feed information to me while at the computer where all the relevant business applications reside.

puppykickr likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

It sounds to me as if you might benefit from an audio recorder app, and then maybe a file sharing app.

I know of some simple, light apps that work very well.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.github.axet.audiorecorder/

The recorder can be started/stopped by a simple icon in your Quick Settings.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/net.nitroshare.android/

NitroShare works via Wi-Fi, and it has a version for your computer as well.

https://github.com/nitroshare/nitroshare-desktop

Install and set up NitroShare on both devices.
    Share the audio files with NitroShare, then select the device to send them to.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy A51 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A51 release date is 16 December. Features and Specs include a 6.5" inch screen, 48MP camera, 4-8GB RAM, Exynos 9611 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

16 December
Release Date
Reviews