• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I think the voice quality is very good, not saying the LG Revo was that bad either. I think both phones are pretty good, the speaker phone is louder on the Charge, IMO. I also believe the Bluetooth audio is a little sharper on the Droid Charge too. I had a weird muting problem with the LG Revo while on speakerphone, it was doing it while I was on 611 with a VZW Tier 2 tech... Kinda funny...

Upvote 0
I'm a big stickler for voice quality on phones (I always thought LG had the market cornered in that department) and this was a big concern for me buying a Samsung. Too many people stress over dual core-4g-processor -speed, etc. but overlook voice quality, which has always been a biggie for me. People I know who are on ATT and have Atrix & Iphone sound terrible and constantly cut out (I know this because I talk to them on my home phone so it's on their end).
The voice quality on this phone has been great so far, I am loud and clear and I can hear loud and clear.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty tough to please when it comes to voice quality, and I am very happy with the voice quality of the Charge. It's at least on par with my old Blackberry 8330 - sometimes people even sound better. I had a rare voice quality issue with several Samsung Fascinates (way too much sidetone) and I gave up and returned it altogether, but the Charge is doing great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones