• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice recognition and bluetooth problems

CodaMan

Dec 17, 2009
I connected my 6.0.1 Motorola phone to my new Kenwood car head unit via Bluetooth. Almost everything seems to work fine ... except making a call using voice recognition.

When I press the TEL button on my head unit the Google Assistant opens up as it should on my phone. I can instruct it to play music or read text messages and it works over Bluetooth, however, if I tell it to make a call the Google Assistant makes the call but it doesn't go over the Bluetooth unless I tap the Bluetooth button on the phone's dialer.

If I select one of the phone numbers I added to the head unit's memory presets the call is made perfectly over Bluetooth.

If I speak directly into the phone and call up Google Assistant and place a call it switches over to Bluetooth automatically.

Any ideas why this is happening?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones