• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice Recognition Censorship

Tenma, I understand what you meant to say, however, it is illogical.

If Google, or Android, does not want to OFFEND PEOPLE then they should assume OFFENSIVE words are NON-OFFENSIVE words.

I.E. - If someone says, "Sh*t", it should appear "sheet".

Any one else care to comment on GOOGLE'S CENSORSHIP?

Upvote 0
Braaainz, I do like your reasoning.

However, I, the user, should be given an option to toggle "offensive" or "non-offensive" language/speech. Otherwise, they are still censoring my speech; digitally.

What if Google does not know how to spell offensive language? Perhaps, any unknown words are spelled in #s.

Upvote 0
Braaainz, I do like your reasoning.

However, I, the user, should be given an option to toggle "offensive" or "non-offensive" language/speech. Otherwise, they are still censoring my speech; digitally.

What if Google does not know how to spell offensive language? Perhaps, any unknown words are spelled in #s.

They are not censoring you though. You are still free to use the keyboard to type out your expletives. If they made it impossible, THEN you might be able to make the claim.

Upvote 0
Why does Google insist on turning "George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words" into "####, ####, ####, ####, ####, ####, ####"?

I see no reason that my voice recognition software should CENSOR my speech.

Any comments?

I don't care that it catches the words. I do care that it sometimes censors when I'm not cursing. I don't send curse words in emails or texts, so I find it a little annoying that the software assumes it.

If I wanted to curse in an email or text, speech recognition wouldn't stop me though!

Upvote 0
I don't care that it catches the words. I do care that it sometimes censors when I'm not cursing. I don't send curse words in emails or texts, so I find it a little annoying that the software assumes it.

If I wanted to curse in an email or text, speech recognition wouldn't stop me though!

I have this issue too!

Someone do me a favor, and in your evo say "kid free night", or even just "kid" and tell me if it is censored or if this is just my issue. .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones