• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voice recognition

fekish

Feb 8, 2010
Hi to all,

i have a Milestone and i was wondering how can i use voice dialling on the phone? I was using it quite frequently on E71 but now i dont know how!

Also for the voice to text, i would have to have an internet connection to use it?

thanks!!

i installed the applications, but again by long pressing the search button it requires internet connection... what am i doing wrong?

I am getting really frustrated that the phone doesn't have such a simple core function...

Settings>Search>Searchable Items and choose what you want to search for. Uncheck anything that might need an Internet connection.

Upvote 0
Try this application (voicesearch.apk ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, ...) - it adds back voice search to Milestones - it worked great on my Telus (Canada) Milestone

Google VoiceSearch to find more info - if allowed Id reference the original source of the info (another Droid Forums Net)

Dave

SWEET! So easy, and the voice search worked GREAT with some simple testing last night!!! Thanks man!!!

Upvote 0
I too have the Milestone and I cannot do anything with voice recognition. When I try to install Google Voice, it says it is only available for the US and of course I am in Canada. I am willing to try the Apk above but haven't put one in before.
Does the milestone NOT come with voice recognition, and it's the big while elephant in the room that no one likes to discuss??
Help!!

Upvote 0
I too have the Milestone and I cannot do anything with voice recognition. When I try to install Google Voice, it says it is only available for the US and of course I am in Canada. I am willing to try the Apk above but haven't put one in before.
Does the milestone NOT come with voice recognition, and it's the big while elephant in the room that no one likes to discuss??
Help!!

No Milestone did not come with voice as the verizon edition did but someone has taken it out of a Droid Verizon and the apk works not bad you will need a program called Apps Install you can find it on market, just download apk here and copy to your sd card and run Apps install and it will see apk select install that simple, just remember that when milestone is plugged into computer that phone can not access sd card at same time.

Reactions: gamehunter
Upvote 0
No Milestone did not come with voice as the verizon edition did but someone has taken it out of a Droid Verizon and the apk works not bad you will need a program called Apps Install you can find it on market, just download apk here and copy to your sd card and run Apps install and it will see apk select install that simple, just remember that when milestone is plugged into computer that phone can not access sd card at same time.

Thanks for you help!! That file did work for the search :) Is there any way to make it on in more places, like text, email, etc? I guess it would have to be a keyboard option. I used to have a BB that ran Vlingo and that was frickin awesome!! Not expecting to get something as good as that...but I like to dictate my emails and texts as I find it is safer. Any ideas??
Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones