1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Voice recorder?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by groadyho, Apr 22, 2016.

1. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Hi all. Just wondering if the g5 has a voice recorder, I can't find it anywhere. Any clue? Help is always appreciated.
    Thank You.

Advertisement

2. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Okay, I found it in settings but how do I add it as an icon to open it? Sorry for the redundant questions but I am a new to Android. Ty

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    You should be able to long press on the screen, choose to add an app, then pick from the list of apps to find Voice Recorder.

groadyho likes this.
  4. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Thank you but already tried that. Only 3 options come up. Widgets wallpaper and settings. It's really irking me I can't figure out got to use or set a icon for the voice recorder.

5. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Do you have the app drawer? I know that when new, the G5 didn't come with the app drawer unless you used a different launcher or used the launcher from the LG Store.
    If so, can you long press on the icon/app in the app drawer and drag it to the screen you desire?

If that doesn't make sense, I'm sorry as I use a different launcher from when I got it, so I'm unfamiliar with the stock launcher. :(

groadyho likes this.
  6. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Nope no app drawer. Nowhere except in general settings can you even find the voice recorder. When press on it I get to force disable options. Been thinking of trying nova launcher but it's my first android and a bit apprehensive. I feel like I'm still learning. Thanks

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    The Voice Recorder app is located in a folder on your desktop labeled "Tools"......

groadyho likes this.
  8. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Thanks Kolio but it's not there either. I can see the app in apps under general settings. frustrating.

KOLIO likes this.
  9. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    This is rather strange,I'm chalking this one up to carrier differences,until someone from AT&T can post how to access the Voice Recorder app:
    This wouldn't be the 1st time we've seen this,it happens quite frequently on U.S. Devices (unfortunately).
    VZW & AT&T are usually the worst offenders & compound the FUBAR by loading up their own useless bloatware.
    Drop by an AT&T Store the 1st chance you get,show 'em this thread & ask 'em to explain how to access the voice recorder app.
    I'll post a screenshot of the app from my T-Mobile LG G5,using the stock LG U/I,in a moment,sit tight.........

groadyho and Mikestony like this.
  10. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Thanks that would help. Maybe att did something to it or just maybe it doesn't have one . One good thing about windows phones were bloatware can be uninstalled.

KOLIO likes this.
  11. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Here's the Voice Recorder app on the T-Mobile LG G5 (Pre-loaded from Day One):
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    Very nice. But dang it I don't have that option on att. Guess I'll stop by att store sometime. Just crazy. I have the same icon but not in tools or anywhere else on a home page or folder. Thanks K!l have a great weekend guys.

Mikestony and KOLIO like this.
  13. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Please keep us posted on your outcome. :thumbsupdroid:

14. groadyho

groadyho Newbie
    None

Apr 7, 2016
    Male
    ATT could not fix the missing apps. LG told me it was a software issue. I sent the phone in to LG to be fixed, they said it needed to be flashed. the voice recorder wasn't the only app missing from start up, all apps doesn't show either. they are there they just won't show up. anyways i'm back to using my lumia 1520 until it cones back.
    thanks for all the help Kolio and mikestoney.

KOLIO and Mikestony like this.

LG G5

The LG G5 was launched April 1st, 2016. This was some of LG’s biggest innovation yet with the introduction of dual rear cameras, always-on display, and an interesting modular design concept. The modular design never caught on.
Tags: