1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Voice Search Market update and rooted Evo 4g (no rom)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slyd, Sep 13, 2011.

1. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

Does the voice search market update that just came out today fix voice search on a rooted evo 4g (gingerbread, no rom)?

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

good question. it might have the fix to what gingerbread ruined for sense roms. try it out and let us know how it works for you.

and just an fyi, if you are rooted and you have not flashed any roms, then you are on the stock rooted rom. every phone unrooted or not needs a rom to run the phone.

3. slyd

slyd Android Enthusiast

I was rooted but went back to stock so I can't try it. Will root again if voice search is fixed on the stock rom.

I was very pleased with the stock rooted (I rooted over the weekend. yipee) but not happy to not have voice search so I went back :( I heard the rooted gingerbread 4.53.651.1 rom has problems with wifi, so I am waiting and listening - still not giving up.

I tried Mikk 2.5 rom but was not crazy about it. Seemed too manly for my girlish tastes, but maybe I need to give it another try.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you unrooted? well there are roms coming out now with the ota fixes for voice search.

and mikg2.5 too manly? it seems pretty much stock with added features of sense 2.1 and sense 3.0. it is not themed at all. here check this rom out then:[ROM]!!!!!(9-11-11) SNS Gingerbread v1.5, OTA 4.53 Sense, Now W/ Remap Rosies!!!!!!! - xda-developers

also the stock rooted rom had intially had wifi issues. i believe that has been resolved.

dustwun77 likes this.
  5. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

I believe MikG has several skin colors you can install. "Should" have a couple different "girly" colors in there. :)
    I'll try to find a link tonight, I'm on my phone at the moment.

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: