• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help !@#$ voice search "server problem"

pastafarian

Pâtes avec votre foie
Nov 4, 2009
The Sea of Tranquility
For anyone getting "server problem" when attempting a voice search with 2.1, it appears to be a issue with random existing gmail accounts. This feature never worked for me with the 2.1 beta. When I flashed the release, I tried every one of my 6 existing gmail accounts with no love, then I created a new account on the phone and wahlaa voice search works.:) Now all I have to do is export my contacts and calender to the new account and contact beyondpods author to get a new key.:mad:

I spoke (typed) too soon! My best guess now is this issue has to do with the number of contacts. When I created the new account, voice search worked...once. Then I imported my ~2600 contacts. Now I'm back to SERVER PROBLEM! !@#$

I wonder if I could use this to get a early upgrade? Problem is, I really don't want one. This is really a Google problem, and there's no way that I've been able to find to contact Google about it besides posting in their support (bitch) group.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones