• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Voice Search stopped unexpectedly" Telechips Android for telechips TCC8900 Evaluation board

Hi,

I recently got my hands on a 7" Android tablet running Android 2.3.3. Its called the "Eximus" Firstly I had trouble getting video playback to work. Was getting sound but only a black screen instead of video play. But after a factory reset and hardware reset, it worked!

And now I'm having difficulty getting google "voice search" to work. I have two apk's of voice search (v1.6 and v2.1). Both will install through adb install apk command. But neither actually work! I get an error saying "Google Voice has stopped unexpectedly"
when I start either app.

I tried installing from the devices market app - and "voice search" is not in the google market app list.

So then I tried the Google market in the devices web browser. And I was able to find the app and login to begin a download. Then it said select a device to install to. And In the list it said "Telechips Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation board" but it was grayed out and I couldnt get any further with the install!

Does anyone know what I should do to get the "voice search" voice recognizer to work?

Regards,
Aubrey.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones