1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Voice search/voice related matters

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jared frasier, Jul 13, 2017.

1. jared frasier

jared frasier Lurker

I downloaded the Google Play Store onto my 6th generation kindle fire HD. It's the one from last year. I downloaded several different types of voice related apps, voice search ux, voice translator, search by voice, and speech notes. They all want/ need voice search by Google to operate but when you pull up voice search in the Play Store it states that "your device isn't compatible with this version".

This doesn't make any sense. Has Amazon blocked the google Voice app thus preventing all these other productive voice apps to effectively not work on their tablet. Alexa is terrible in for whatever reason I've yet to be able to get it to work on my tablet.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

You have to install more than just play. You need some of the supporting services. See this thread to make sure you have everything you need.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

I'll have to verify when I get home, but I think I have google assistant working on my HD 8

Amazon Kindle Fire HD Forum

The Amazon Kindle Fire HD release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 1.3MP camera, 1GB RAM, and TI OMAP 4460 processor.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews