1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Voice Search works sometimes, not others?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by y0bailey, May 30, 2011.

1. y0bailey

y0bailey Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    I cannot figure this one out. My voice search will work sometimes and not others. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, done everything I could think of, and it is inconsistent.

Anyone have any ideas?

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    Data issues can affect voice search since the heavy lifting is done by Google's servers. Even though you see that 3g icon, it doesn't take much data loss/slowdown to cause search to fail. I also had voice search totally fail when I had ~3500 Google contacts. I pared down to ~600 and voice search works fine. Don't know what the maximum contact number is and Google isn't telling or even admitting there's a limit.

3. y0bailey

y0bailey Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks! I was in the woods with minimal to no 3g, which may have been my problems.

4. jimmyp

jimmyp Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2011
    I have had the same issue with my Commando and the 3G service is not the issue. When voice search does not work, the microphone is not registering any sound. It only works about once out of every ten times I use it. Could it be that the program is messing with the sound settings? I hope there is a real fix for this soon. I really enjoy Voice Search when it works correctly.