• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help voice search

larryb51

Lurker
Sep 5, 2010
I am trying to use voice search i give the command send text to: xxxxx and then the message I will be late getting there. it records but it puts the to person in the message what am i doing wrong or if i say call Nate who is listed in my contacts it asks did you mean :..... with 10 choices please help

I had the same problem. I've read from others that the contacts must be type google, not just phone or facebook. So, I finally got all of my contacts added to my gmail account. Still that didn't seem to help. Recently, I noticed that gmail kept trying to create a "my contacts" group every time I added a new contact. I had been deleting contacts from that group since I didn't want/need it. However, when I tried adding all my contacts back into the "my contacts", now my voice search seems to work. So, does google voice search require the contacts be in gmail and in group "my contacts" to work? Seems so to me. Vlingo worked with my contacts without any of this trouble.

Not 100% sure if that is what fixed it for me. Since I've also been deleting all my contacts, clearing cache, uninstal/reinstall voice search. Everything I could think of to try and get voice search working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones