1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Voice search

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jrawle, Feb 20, 2011.

1. jrawle

jrawle Newbie

Is anyone able to use the Google "Voice search" feature on their phone? It only works for me when I'm connected to Wifi. Otherwise it says "Connection problem" and prompts me to try again. All other data services on the phone, including Google ones (Mail, Youtube) and Google text searches, work fine.

There are very many threads about voice search problems on different forums. I'm trying to figure out whether this is due to the phone, Android version or network (Vodafone UK).

Advertisement

2. jrawle

jrawle Newbie

I've been trying to solve this for ages now, and of course, when I finally post on here, I find the solution for myself.

The wizard that automatically configured my phone for the internet set up something called "Vodafone contract WAP". However, it turns out this isn't the correct service for general internet use. I've now set up my phone for Vodafone contract internet, and voice search works fine. So the wizard for setting up the phone automatically, which presumably gets its data from a Sony Ericsson database, if actually wrong, as the service it sets the phone up with isn't the right one for the phone to work correctly.