1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Voice search

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flyjbaker, Jun 23, 2011.

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    I will say that I pretty much operated my Evo 4G by using the voice search app/function. As "ROMS" evolved, my voice search function started to misbehave. I was pretty stressed about all this but I knew I would be getting a new phone soon. I also felt that this was an issue with the Devs not totally keeping everything "clean". But who am I to question the likes of Mik,etc. I get this phone and I am having the EXACT same issue. It is stuck on "kkkkkkkkk"....or "kp.....". Anytime I give it a voice command, it starts with a "k" or a "kp" and it totally screws up the correction of the voice command. I used to be able to completely text with voice command only in a dictation fashion and it was surprisingly accurate. That is totally lost now......and it was screwed up with all of the recent ROMs on the 4G but I thought it was an issue with my phone or with the (bootleg)ROM.......

Advertisement

2. lpjzfan2005

lpjzfan2005 Newbie
    None

May 27, 2011
    Hey man, I know it's not a big deal, but you are currently in the evo 3D forum and not the 4g forum. As I've seen with my old phone though, things will always be sacrificed with a custom rom. Voice search is it most of the time, and along with the camera

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    He's saying voice search isn't working on his new 3vo, same issue he's had with his custom roms on his Evo. ;)

flyjbaker and marctronixx like this.
  4. momoceio

momoceio Android Expert
    None

Dec 14, 2009
    Sr. Systems Administrator
    St. Louis
    Hmm, does turning on personalized recognition help?

Menu -> Settings -> Voice Input & Output Settings -> Voice Recognizer Settings -> make sure "Personalized Recognition" is checked. That's where I turn it on in my non-sense ROM anyway.

flyjbaker likes this.
  5. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert
    None

Oct 17, 2009
    Wow, that was weird. Yes it is checked but everything is working fine today....hmmm. I am gonna go dig out the 4G and check that setting though and see if that was the deal. I will feel like a dumbass if that is all it was. I know I checked that setting over and over and over.... I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and....anyway. Thanks y'all!!!

6. markh1

markh1 Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    Is anyone having problems using Voice Search (Voice Actions) on the e3d to say commands like "Send text to ...."? It always ignores the "to ..." part, and always puts the name in the message rather than in the "to" field. Same thing with "Send email to ...". I'm doing exactly as the help for Voice Search says. I'm clicking the "Voice Search" icon and saying "Send text to <name> ... then my message. Even though I have the name exactly as it spells it in my contacts, it never fills in the "to" field. I previously installed vlingo and removed it. I'm wondering if that messed it up. Thanks.

7. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Android Enthusiast
    None

Does anyone know how to disable Voice Search from being activated when you touch the search button? I accidentally tap on this almost all the time and voice Search gets activated and asks me to say something. I dont want to get rid off the app but It's definitely getting on my nerves that it gets activated all the freaking time! Uggh! Sometimes, i really miss the external buttons from my HTC Hero. These touch buttons are just way too sensitive! u.u

8. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    LOL, are you touching the voice search from within the app icon, or simply when your keyboard is open and hitting the mic, if it is the app, simply take it of the screen, and if it is the keyboard, change the keyboard, I use Swiftkey and I have no issues.

9. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Android Enthusiast
    None

No Im talking about the magnifier icon at the bottom right corner on the screen. It doesn't matter how I'm holding my phone, but I always touch that icon by accident with part of my hand, specially when I'm holding it with my right hand and trying to use the screen with the same hand, the bottom part of my thumb sometimes touches that button and then voice search gets activated. I don't know if that makes sense, prolly not lol but the point is that I hate every time voice search shows on my screen because of that and I'd like to disable that option.

10. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Interesting I have never touched it once, maybe someone will respond if there is a way to disable it,if not, you can call HTC and ask them.

Tags: