• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice Texting

Rigmaster

Android Expert
May 4, 2010
Anyone doing Voice to SMS Texting with Evo?

I've been doing this as a trial and am mostly satisfied. I haven't figured out if there's a way to do full control from start to send without touching the phone, but it's definitely close. Still can't do it while driving, but you can easily do it while at a stoplight much faster than typing.

If anyone's figured out how to do it completely handsfree without using Google Voice, let me know. I'm just using the features native to the phone.

Anyone doing Voice to SMS Texting with Evo?

I've been doing this as a trial and am mostly satisfied. I haven't figured out if there's a way to do full control from start to send without touching the phone, but it's definitely close. Still can't do it while driving, but you can easily do it while at a stoplight much faster than typing.

If anyone's figured out how to do it completely handsfree without using Google Voice, let me know. I'm just using the features native to the phone.

I'm using handcent sms and a wired headset (the $15 Sprint monobud, the silver one - great sound quality - my co-workers claim I've never sounded so good, and I can really hear clearly).

I _like_ voice-to-text sms - can't get handsfree but it's the quickest way for most messages, for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones