1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Voice to Text Sluggish

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Reg Cook, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Reg Cook

Reg Cook Lurker

This problem occurred some time back, not sure if it was related to an app installation or not. My voice to text became very sluggish and inaccurate, as if the processor was struggling to keep up. It works fine on the OK Google, but all other apps that can use voice to text respond the same, sms messages, whatsapp, anything. I did a full factory reset and then a restore and it did not solve the problem? Anyone else experience this?

Xavier Black likes this.
  2. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Expert

One thing I notice is that you have to before you start talking you have to let it think for about two to three seconds then you start talking like for example right now I'm dictating in this moment and this text to response to you and then I don't know sometimes is accurate sometimes is not I thought it was just my phone but I guess is I don't know if itis the version of the voice to talk or voice to text..I been thinking to update the version what version do you have by the way?

3. Xavier Black

This is my voice to speech..

Attached Files:

4. Reg Cook

Reg Cook Lurker

I can't find any info on version. What does happen tho, if I disable automatic Google voice typing in manage keyboards, it then uses the google engine by the looks of it. The other apps like sms etc seem to use a different voice to speech engine and I don't know what/where it is. Any idea? HTC support was next to useless on this subject.

5. Xavier Black

This is the app you want to look into what version you have so is the same one that you wanna update..

Attached Files:

6. Reg Cook

Reg Cook Lurker

My phone uses the google text to speech engine. It is not related to the speech to text engine by the looks of it. I disabled this app and it made no difference to the voice to text performance. I also uninstalled it and same, no difference. Contrary to the comments on the play store that some other people think that it is related to voice to text, that does not appear to be the case. It's still a mistery to which app / engine drives the voice to text. As I noted, when I disable the automatic mode for google voice typing, then it defaults to the google voice engine for all apps. And it seems to work fine at interpreting and speed, otherwise it appears there is a different engine when this mode is enabled which is the default and is simpler. ??

HTC U11+ Forum

The HTC U11+ release date was December 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3930mAh battery.

December 2017
Release Date
Reviews