• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root voice to text

esthernrob

Android Enthusiast
Feb 9, 2011
Upstate, NY
is anyone else having "small" issues with their voice to text on any of the new roms? i'll start the service, everything opens fine but it doesn't "hear" me... i'll stop it, restart, and again nothing... maybe by the third or fourth time it will finally "work" for me... slightly frustrating...

is anyone else having "small" issues with their voice to text on any of the new roms? i'll start the service, everything opens fine but it doesn't "hear" me... i'll stop it, restart, and again nothing... maybe by the third or fourth time it will finally "work" for me... slightly frustrating...

+1 Having the same problems man...sot sure what's going on. I'm on MikG as well...version 2.3 and preparing to go to 2.41. Perhaps that little bug will be ironed out in the latest version.

Upvote 0
Voice search/ voice to text keeps dying on me. I found that shutting down/reboot fixes it for a while, but I shouldn't have to do that. Tried clearing data, I'm on newest stock ROM version (.24) and it's rooted. Even found an app update in the market but that didn't fix it.

Specifically, if I activate the choice feature, it acts like my mic is muted then says no voice heard. Even if I yell it hears nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones