• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voice with CM10 nightlies

alextop30

Android Expert
Oct 5, 2010
Windy City of Chicago
Hi everyone, I am wondering if others that are using the CM10 nightlies are having the same problems that I am having!
The main issue I notice is that sometimes my phone gets stuck and I do not hear anything when dining a number. So when you dial you do not hear anything happening. In a moment like this the other side is ringing picking up the phone and can hear you but you cannot hear them at all. I use my phone with bluetooth a lot with my car and I do not think it is because of that because most of the time I can turn on and off the bluetooth and it works fine but at random times if gets stuck where my phone calls are just unable to have sound. I have not been able to narrow it down any further because I am not sure where the error log is and whether it actually logs this as error. Maybe one of you is experiencing the same problem or has found a way to fix it completely. The only way to reset the device and get the call functionality after that happens is to remove the battery off the phone wait 10 seconds and start it back up.

Any suggestions or comments. I update the nightlies from the cm updater and and seems to be getting them completed correctly.

I think I might be going back to stock soon but I will lose chrome and the sync capacity which I use a lot and I really like my jellybean however I do make a lot of phone calls and I need it to function all the time, it is a phone first after all.

Anyway hope you guys have some feedback and hope you had a lovely new year celebrations and have a great new year with our great community!

Hey Atmazzz thanks for the tip I turned noise suppression off and will try it out for the next couple days like this. Hopefully it resolves the problem also I am going to make a post about this on the CM forums to make them aware of the problem. I just really do not want to go back to stock :) the next phone I am getting is going to be Google so that there are some updates coming to my device. Over the time I have had this device I have grown disgusted with Samsung's lack of updates for their flagship phone when I bought it. I have run more custom rom than stock so I feel that says a lot!

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if these problems are fixed in either liquid smooth or CM10 latest nightlies because I am seriously going to start crying soon if I have to use stock more. I cannot send a sms without swift 3 key lagging and the phone is soooo slow!

Have you tried going to recovery and clearing the cache to see if that helps?

Upvote 0
The nightlies have some nice improvements for bluetooth capability. Also I haven't really found that many problems with them. But after going back to stock for 3 weeks yes ics nonsense I am now on the CM10 M or the monthly release. I so hope that there will be a RC soon to where I can install and forget. Anyway I do not use the update function in the rom to make sure that it is not that the cause of the problem. For the past 3 days no problems but only time will tell!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones