1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Voicemail app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ferret, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Ferret

Ferret Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Biomedical Equipment Technician
    Texas
    Hey, Group...what are the application names for the Voicemail function in DE03? (i seem to have deleted them...since I no longer have a Voicemail icon available)
    And...umm...:eek:...where do I put them?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
    cm-android.apk is the visual voicemail app. it is found in /system/app/ by default . If you unistalled it you would have to allow for installation of unknown sources menu>settings>applications and run the .apk with a file system app. You would need root access and some kind of shell (or app that can remount /system/app) as r/w to put it back tho. i would assume you already have this available if you managed to delete it in the first place.

Ferret likes this.
  3. Ferret

Ferret Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Texas
    Okay...found it...but Root Explorer won't Copy/Paste....and installing the App from the SDcard's location failed (and yes, I have the "unverified apps" checked.)
    Any suggestions on how to get the damm thing *off* the SDcard, and *into* the System folder?
    (BTW...what i screwed up was choosing to remove it when I used joey's Updater to go to DE03...)

4. Ferret

Ferret Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Texas
    Nevermind...i figgered it out (long-press the App...and you have the option to Copy/Paste)
    Thanks again!

5. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    computer tech
    Virginia
  6. Ferret

Ferret Active Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Texas
    *sighs*...i've lost my Voicemail *again*....but i don't think i did anything wrong this time... i'm running RA Froyo V22... It was working...and then it just *stopped*...my VM icon says "Could not launch the requested activity."
    So...i tried copying my Backup cm-android.apk to the System/Apps, and Installing (and yes, i've set the System folder to R/W)....but first it tells me that i'm installing over another version...and then it warns me "Application not installed"
    I've extracted the files to my SDcard....can i manually install them...and if-so...where do the individual files go?
    Or, alternatively...does anyone *else* have this issue...or a solution?