• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Voicemail auto passcode enter help

-Myk-

Nov 6, 2009
On my old phone I could put in the *86pp1234 and when I call my voicemail it would pause (what those two Ps are for) a fews seconds and then enter my password and give me access to my voicemail.

I can not figure out how to enter those two Ps for the pauses, anyone know how?

OK - Round two of that question: How do you enter a WAIT command?

I regularly use rechargeable calling cards and need to dial the number, pause, dial the passcode, WAIT until it figures out my account info (highly variable), press a button to continue and dial the number to be called (already preset in the phone).

Old WM phones it was "p" and "w"... Droid is comma and .... what?
Is there even anything that would work on it, when there is NO physical call button to press for it to continue?

Upvote 0

I regularly use rechargeable calling cards and need to dial the number, pause, dial the passcode, WAIT until it figures out my account info (highly variable), press a button to continue and dial the number to be called (already preset in the phone).

Is there even anything that would work on it, when there is NO physical call button to press for it to continue?
did you try the "add call" button? i cant really try this out since i dont use calling card...thats just my educated guess

edit: hmm maybe not...it just dials and puts the other call on hold...i figured it would maybe merge it first...you can merge it into a 3-way (haha) but not right away

Upvote 0
Settings > Call Settings > Voicemail Settings > Voicemail number....

Click on the field to bring up the number pad.

Bottom left button is *#(

Press that and it brings up more options including pause and wait.

Pause, is a very short delay. I think wait makes the phone prompt you to continue the input...like with an extension in a automated phone system.

You want the number to be

*86,1234#

With 1234 representing your passcode. You may find you need to add a couple of pauses if they don't register.

Upvote 0
Just keep in mind that a lost phone means:

1. anyone can listen to your voice mail
2. Anyone can change your PIN or your phone, which could be an issue for practical jokes or a pissed off spouse.
3. if that security code is used for other things, they now have that code as well. I tend to only have a couple of numbers for all the different PINS I need.

If you eliminate voice mail PIN, you should probably add a PIN on power up.

Upvote 0

I answered my own question. On the Droid, start dialing a number. Hit the menu button. You'll have the options to add to contacts, add 2-sec pause, or add wait.

2-sec pause is "," comma, as said before.
"wait" command is ";" semicolon.

Upvote 0
This works fine for my voice mail, but the Droid sends my numeric sequence too fast when I'm trying to access other accounts with this feature. Is there a way to slow down the transmission?

I've tried putting "," between each number, but then that's too slow for the receiving computer. On previous phones I was able to change the length of the pause, is there a way to do it on the Droid?

Upvote 0
This works fine for my voice mail, but the Droid sends my numeric sequence too fast when I'm trying to access other accounts with this feature. Is there a way to slow down the transmission?

I've tried putting "," between each number, but then that's too slow for the receiving computer. On previous phones I was able to change the length of the pause, is there a way to do it on the Droid?

Try setting - call settings - DTMF tones - long. Not sure if this will help but worth a try.

Upvote 0
Ok I have a question. I got my Droid 7am Friday the 6th. When they activated the phone It made the test call, but when I left the store nothing. My rep said the phone acted like it wasn't programmed but the computer showed it was. Reprogramed and work ok ,BUT now my Data icon will disappear at random times and the phone won't work. They were gonna exchange it last night but we had a massive data outage here so they said bring it in tomarrow. Has n e one else had this problem? Thanks just wanna make sure they really need to swap my phone before I go thru the headache. O and it will pull up my location at random and gogle search also. While I am impressed with they accuracy of the location(and a little freaked out) it is annoying that the phone does it by itself:thinking: Thanks

Upvote 0
Ok I have a question. I got my Droid 7am Friday the 6th. When they activated the phone It made the test call, but when I left the store nothing. My rep said the phone acted like it wasn't programmed but the computer showed it was. Reprogramed and work ok ,BUT now my Data icon will disappear at random times and the phone won't work. They were gonna exchange it last night but we had a massive data outage here so they said bring it in tomarrow. Has n e one else had this problem? Thanks just wanna make sure they really need to swap my phone before I go thru the headache. O and it will pull up my location at random and gogle search also. While I am impressed with they accuracy of the location(and a little freaked out) it is annoying that the phone does it by itself:thinking: Thanks

This has nothing to do with this thread. Post your own and stop trying to jack others.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to jack n e thing just asking if n e one else was having the same problem no need to be a rude ass about it

Not trying to be rude. You just need to find a thread that applies to your question or create your own. This helps bring users with the same problem to a common place for answers that help not only you but others. Organization is key in a forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones