• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Voicemail/dialpad problem on latest (UK-02) firmware

Hawklord

Sep 5, 2009
I recall seeing something about this yonks ago here but of course cant find it now i need it.

On the most recent firmware update from 02 in the UK I now find when I call voicemail i cant get the dialpad up to press a number/option (grrrr) - which of course makes it basically a nightmare.

Anyone else seen this/what was the fix when this cropped up some time back on an older firmware?

cheers

H

yeh informale as i was born the day before yesterday (and not born yesterday) i do know what he search button is for :D ... however rather like the lottery you need to get the right words(/numbers) to get the prize :p

many thanks for the solution (force stop) ryko :cool: ... i can finally delete 13 saved messages.

mind u its a right pain as the damn thing (in speakerphone mode to avoid sticking my finger in my ear and so i can see the screen :rolleyes:) goes into "double-click to unlock" within a few seconds.

every now and then i get used to living with this phone and like it and then something comes along [last time it was the samsung keyboard and no android keyboard option] and the most basic functionality disappears out of the window with its a**e on fire.

funny thing android/samsung.

[IK4 by the way here]

Upvote 0
Just make a Google Custom Search for a couple of Android-related forums.

Mine includes AndroidForums, Modaco and forum.HDBlog.it. And by using the very basic descriptive keywords (dialpad does not work) I was able to find at least one relevant topic - and it's a first search result.

Here's my custom search engine:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=015329919951690311275:exm0snun3b0

And here are the search results:
dialpad does not work - Google Search

My point is - you don't need really to guess words, just describe the problem as simply as possible, just like my example keywords. Don't specify it's voice mail - say only what's essential. Think - would it only not work in voice mail? VOicemail is irrelevant in this case. etc.etc.etc )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones